Circuit breaker is not triggering when SQL Server goes offline

I have spent lot of time trying to understand how NServiceBus works under the hood, but I am having quite some difficulties.
We have NServiceBus 7.8.2 with SQL Transport 6.3.4 running services in on-premises environment. If the SQL Server is turned off even for 5 minutes, connectivity does not return and circuit breaker doesn’t trigger.
In order to run our operations with some fault resilience I would need to have preferably both features. I have tried running with dozens of configurations but circuit breaker is not triggering.

This is how I initialize the endpoint, is there anything wrong with that? What am I missing?

Thank you!

host.UseWindowsService();
      host.ConfigureLogging(loggingBuilder => {
        loggingBuilder.AddConsole();
      });

host.UseNLog();
      host.UseMicrosoftLogFactoryLogging();

host.UseNServiceBus(hostBuilderContext => {
        var config = hostBuilderContext.Configuration.GetSection("NServiceBusConfiguration").Get<NServiceBusConfiguration>();
        var endpointConfiguration = new EndpointConfiguration(Endpoints.Example.ToString());
        endpointConfiguration.License(config.License);

var transport = endpointConfiguration.UseTransport<SqlServerTransport>();
        transport.ConnectionString(config.SqlConnectionString);
        transport.Transactions(TransportTransactionMode.ReceiveOnly);
        endpointConfiguration.UniquelyIdentifyRunningInstance().UsingNames(Endpoints.Example.ToString(), Environment.MachineName);
        endpointConfiguration.UseSerialization<NewtonsoftJsonSerializer>();

var persistence = endpointConfiguration.UsePersistence<SqlPersistence>();
        persistence.SqlDialect<SqlDialect.MsSqlServer>();
        persistence.ConnectionBuilder(() => new SqlConnection(config.SqlConnectionString));
        persistence.SubscriptionSettings().CacheFor(TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5));

endpointConfiguration.SendFailedMessagesTo(config.ErrorQueue);
        endpointConfiguration.EnableInstallers();
        endpointConfiguration.Recoverability().AddUnrecoverableException<MyServiceBusException>();

endpointConfiguration.Recoverability().Delayed(x => x.NumberOfRetries(0));
        endpointConfiguration.Recoverability().Immediate(x => x.NumberOfRetries(0));
        endpointConfiguration.TimeToWaitBeforeTriggeringCriticalErrorOnTimeoutOutages(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(30));
        endpointConfiguration.DefineCriticalErrorAction(OnCriticalError);
     });

I have been able to solve the problem. It seems that NLog threw exceptions and this prevented the circuit breaker mechanism from triggering.

In general anyone facing similar issue should look into debug logs to see what library starts throwing exceptions first and continue from there.