Generate an alert (email or Slack) from Endpoint Inactive

What is a good way to approach getting an alert when an endpoint goes inactive. Today we have to have someone watching ServicePulse Heartbeats to react to an inactive endpoint. We would like to get a message in Slack but an email alert would be our second choice. Any help getting me started would be greatly appreciated.

Our configuration:
NServiceBus version=“6.4.3”
NServiceBus.Persistence.Sql version=“3.0.6”
NServiceBus.SqlServer version=“3.1.4”

Let me know if I can provide additional information on this topic.
Richard

Hi Richard,

You could try to use ServiceControl integration events related to the Heartbeats - Heartbeat notification events • ServiceControl Heartbeats • Particular Docs. You can subscribe for the events and execute your code for example send Slack notification or Email.

As I understand your issue is to miss information about stopping Endpoint because of not looking ServicePulse for a long time. I think this is the challenge in any monitoring tool. It could be best from the best but if no one is looking at the tool, well…:slight_smile: As I understand you and/or your team use Slack a lot so if there will be slack notification about stopping Endpoint there is the better chance to catch this information and react in some way.

ServicePulse has a second great functionality - Performacne Metrics - Performance Metrics in ServicePulse • NServiceBus • Particular Docs
I personally like to systematically watch on this metrics to see if everything works as expected and in the same time I observe Heartbeats Tab :slight_smile: but off course each case is different.

Hope this help.

Michał,

Thank you for your comments. I will look into the heartbeat notification events.

Richard