Help diagnose problem with MSDTC : The Transaction Manager is not available. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D01B)

msmq

(Valeriob) #1

Hi,
i’m having this problem since last week, and i run out of ammo to throw at it. It started suddenly, and it only happen on my computer.
I can just say i’ve already tried to both reset and format the PC (Windows 10).

Here is another symptom :

Do you guys have any clue on how to diagnose it ? I’ve already tried DTCPing and it works.

Here the exception that happens every time nsb tried to dequeue something from a queue.

2018-12-03 11:50:49.513 WARN NServiceBus.Transport.Msmq.MessagePump MSMQ receive operation failed
System.Transactions.TransactionAbortedException: The transaction has aborted. —> System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException: Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The Transaction Manager is not available. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D01B)
at System.Transactions.Oletx.IDtcProxyShimFactory.ConnectToProxy(String nodeName, Guid resourceManagerIdentifier, IntPtr managedIdentifier, Boolean& nodeNameMatches, UInt32& whereaboutsSize, CoTaskMemHandle& whereaboutsBuffer, IResourceManagerShim& resourceManagerShim)
at System.Transactions.Oletx.DtcTransactionManager.Initialize()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Transactions.Oletx.OletxTransactionManager.ProxyException(COMException comException)
at System.Transactions.Oletx.DtcTransactionManager.Initialize()
at System.Transactions.Oletx.DtcTransactionManager.get_ProxyShimFactory()
at System.Transactions.Oletx.OletxTransactionManager.CreateTransaction(TransactionOptions properties)
at System.Transactions.TransactionStatePromoted.EnterState(InternalTransaction tx)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.CheckForFinishedTransaction(InternalTransaction tx)
at System.Transactions.Transaction.Promote()
at System.Transactions.TransactionInterop.ConvertToOletxTransaction(Transaction transaction)
at System.Transactions.TransactionInterop.GetDtcTransaction(Transaction transaction)
at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.StaleSafeReceiveMessage(UInt32 timeout, Int32 action, MQPROPS properties, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, ReceiveCallback receiveCallback, CursorHandle cursorHandle, IntPtr transaction)
at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.ReceiveCurrent(TimeSpan timeout, Int32 action, CursorHandle cursor, MessagePropertyFilter filter, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType)
at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Receive(TimeSpan timeout, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType)
at NServiceBus.Transport.Msmq.ReceiveStrategy.TryReceive(MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType, Message& message)
at NServiceBus.Transport.Msmq.TransactionScopeStrategy.d__1.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at NServiceBus.Transport.Msmq.MessagePump.<>c.<b__7_0>d.MoveNext()

Thanks
Valerio

(Ramon Smits) #2

My first thought would be that the MSDTC service is not running or that you firewall issues.

(Andreas Öhlund) #3

Running dtcping.exe might also shed some light if you haven’t already tried that

(Valeriob) #4

Hi,
the service is running, and with networkl service account, and dtcping works.

(Ramon Smits) #5

Have you looked in the windows event log if there are reported issues?

(Valeriob) #6

Yes,
there are not directly related events, just some of those, i’ve google some fixes, but without luck.
Problem is, i just tried to reset the pc, and as brand new it exhibit the problem.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

(Valeriob) #7

After a lot of pain, the issue was due the HP Conexant HD Audio Driver, not the driver itself, but the tools that get installed with it… so wierd :frowning: