We’ve just released NServiceBus.Persistence.AzureStorage 1.4.1.
- #186 Delaying a failed message can cause message loss
How to know if you are affected
If the following circumstances are given:
- A transport that doesn’t support native delayed delivery
- The transport makes rolled back messages immediately visible in the queue
- The message processing fails and goes through delayed retries
- A race condition between the transport and the persister occurs
then you are affected. This is highly unlikely to happen with Azure Storage Queues due to network latency. Azure Service Bus is not affected either since it supports native delayed delivery.
This causes the timeout not to be retried. Unfortunately, there is no log entry indicating that this bug occurred.
Where to get it
You can download the updated version and see the full release notes here: https://github.com/Particular/NServiceBus.Persistence.AzureStorage/releases/tag/1.4.1.
The team in Particular
Please read our release policy for more details.