We’ve just released NServiceBus.Persistence.Sql 7.0.4.
- #1331 Saga instances stored as JSON in SQL Server may not be readable by custom tools
You are affected if you’re using NServiceBus.Persistence.Sql 7.0.3 and Microsoft SQL Server.
- After a saga instance that is stored as JSON in SQL Server has successfully handled a message which results in a state change, if the serialised representation of the new state contains less characters than that of the previous state, the state stored in the database contains trailing characters from the previous state.
- Custom tools may not be able to read the current state.
- NServiceBus is not affected. It can read the current state.
- Saga instances stored as JSON in SQL Server contain 4,000 characters even if their serialized representations are shorter, using more storage space than they require.
You should upgrade immediately if you’re using NServiceBus.Persistence.Sql 7.0.3 and Microsoft SQL Server.
Use the saga JSON state patch tool.
You can install NServiceBus.Persistence.Sql 7.0.4 from NuGet.
The team in Particular
Please read our release policy for more details.