NServiceBus.SqlServer 5 - Major release available

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released a new major version of the NServiceBus.SqlServer transport package.

What’s new?

NServiceBus.SqlServer 5 provides built-in support for the publish-subscribe pattern, and no longer requires an external subscription persistence. Endpoints all share a central subscription routing table that they update whenever they subscribe and unsubscribe from an event type. When endpoints publish an event, they consult the subscription routing table to find all of the registered subscribers and send a copy of the event to each one.

You can read more about native publish-subscribe in the documentation.

How do I migrate?

This release includes a compatibility mode that allows endpoints running on the new native publish-subscribe feature to exchange events with endpoints that still rely on message-driven publish-subscribe. Using this compatibility mode allows you to upgrade one endpoint at a time. Read the full upgrade guide for details.

How do I get it?

You can download the package from NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/NServiceBus.SqlServer/5.0.1.

Where do I send feedback?

To send feedback, please create an issue in the NServiceBus.SqlServer repository or email support@particular.net

With thanks,
The team in Particular

Hi,
According to the upgrade guide, we have to use compatibility mode and upgrade a single endpoint to version 5 at a time. This migration process is a little bit inconvenient for us because of our specific deployment process.

Do you see any problems if we prepare SubscriptionRouting table and fill it before running all our NSB endpoints at once without compatibility mode?