We’ve just released ParticularTemplates 3.0.0. In this release, the templates that create Windows services now work with .NET Core.
- #13 Add .NET Core support for Windows service templates
- #14 Set Cancel to true so process can exit properly
How to know if you are affected
- You are affected if you’ve used a previous version of the NServiceBus Windows Service or ServiceControl Transport Adapter Windows Service templates.
When the project is run from Visual Studio, it does not close after shutting down the endpoint.
Should you upgrade immediately
- If you need .NET Core support, you should update to the latest version of the templates
- For existing projects experiencing the shutdown bug, see https://github.com/Particular/dotnetTemplates/pull/14#issuecomment-442609694 for the changes required to fix it.
Where to get it
You can download the updated version and see the full release notes here: https://github.com/Particular/dotnetTemplates/releases/tag/3.0.0.
The team in Particular
Please read our release policy for more details.