RavenDb Commercial SupportCoverage exception

NServiceBus 2.0.4

We’re seeing this exception in the ravenlog files:

2019-04-12 16:50:23.5737|4|Warn|Raven.Database.Commercial.SupportCoverage|Failed to obtain support coverage information.
Raven.Abstractions.Connection.ErrorResponseException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'licensing.ravendb.net'

It is necessary that the machine hosting ServiceControl has access to the internet even if SC itself is properly licensed?

Hi ismaelhamed,

Can you confirm that what you actually ment is that you are using ServiceControl version 2.0.4? Rather than NServiceBus?

The log that you’ve putted here is a Warning and should not have an impact on ServiceControl or Raven, Have you noticed any bad behavior with regards to that warning message?

Michal

Yes, I meant ServiceControl 2.0.4, sorry about that.

One of our clients has been complaining that ServiceControl is constantly restarting and that was all the information they gave us. Since then I’ve asked for the actual log files and found out this other exception:

Raven.Abstractions.Exceptions.IndexDisabledException: The index has been disabled due to errors

If you want I can send you the log files.

Hi ismaelhamed,

If you could send the logs to support@particular.net

The restarting of ServiceControl should not happen and I would gladly help you to help your client to resolve it.

Regards
Michal

Thanks Michal, I’ve sent you the log file.

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue:
Raven.Abstractions.Exceptions.IndexDisabledException: The index has been disabled due to errors

It was probably caused because server went out of disk space.
What could be causing it and what steps would you take to troubleshoot the issue and fix it?