SQL Server AlwaysOn failover

Wondering if anyone has had issues when failing over SQL Server and NServiceBus. Everytime we failover from one server to the secondary server NServiceBus goes into recovery not synchronizing. and it takes 30 min to recover… this happens everytime we failover from one server to another and only with that particular DB.

Its SQL Server AlwaysON 2019 multisubnet

Hi @Paulo_Pedrosa,

Could you elaborate on what you mean by “NServiceBus goes into recovery”?

Secondly, are you using SQL Server for persistence and/or transport?

Cheers,
Tomek

The client is using both persistent and transport. So what happens is the database is hosted on a sql alwaysOn environment so when we patch and reboot we failover the db from one server to the other server so we can reboot the non active server. But every time we failover the db it goes into recovery state and takes hours to sync up again. Is their some documentation or procedures that should be followed when doing sql server failovers for patching and rebooting?

Hi @Paulo_Pedrosa,

I’m not an expert in SQL Server AlwaysOn deployments but if I understand correctly the problem seems to be orthogonal to the NServiceBus usage. Am I getting this correct?

The RTO (estimated failover time) might be caused by insufficient resources on the replica so it might be a good first step to look into that.