We haven’t seen sufficient interest in the package to justify its continued maintenance.
Archiving doesn’t mean the NServiceBus.AzureFunctions.StorageQueues package will no longer be available. It means that Particular Software will no longer maintain the package. More specifically:
- Particular Software will not make any further code changes. No new versions will be released.
- The package will be deprecated on the NuGet gallery.
- Documentation and samples will be moved from our documentation site to the package’s code repository.
- The package’s code repository will be archived.
The archived repository will remain public and anyone may fork it and modify the code to suit their needs.
If you are affected by this decision, there are two options available to you:
- Switch your Azure Functions to use Azure Service Bus instead. The Azure Functions for Azure Service Bus package is fully supported by Particular Software.
- Change your Azure Storage Queues endpoints to use Azure Cloud Services hosting instead of Azure Functions. The Azure Storage Queue Transport is fully supported by Particular Software.
If you need recommendations or assistance, or if you feel this decision will cause you significant problems, please let us know.
The team in Particular
Please read our previews support policy for more details.